What can you do yourself against nausea and vomiting?
- Make sure you drink enough so that your body doesn't become dehydrated. Take small sips of liquid, e.g. a cold drink, carbonated drinks, ginger or mint tea
- Fresh air: for example, take a walk
- Seek diversion, e.g. listen to music, watch TV
- Consume foods that contain ginger.
- Eat small but frequent meals.
- Avoid strong smelling foods, as well as hot, fried or fatty foods.
- Do not lie down immediately after eating.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing that constricts your stomach or waist.
When to seek medical advice?
Contact a family doctor in the following cases:
- You don't feel better after a few days.
- You often feel ill and have to vomit.
When to seek medical advice immediately?
Seek medical help immediately in the event of:
- chest pain.
- pain in the arms, back, neck or jaw.
- if you are short of breath.
These could be signs of a heart attack.