Remove ticks as soon as possible. Tips on how to remove them and more...
- You have dry, cracked or irritated skin
Itching is usually not a sign of anything serious and usually goes away on its own within two weeks.
What can you do yourself with itchy skin?
- Instead of scratching, tap on the itchy skin area.
- Hold something cool on the affected area.
- Use moisturisers (without perfume).
- Hot water is not good for itchy skin!
- Take a short shower with cool or lukewarm water.
- Keep your nails clean, short and smooth.
- Wear loose cotton clothing.
- Do not eat spicy foods an avoid alcohol and caffeine
When to seek medical advice?
Contact your family doctor if the itching:
- lasts longer than two weeks.
- is caused by a new rash or swelling.
- spreads over the whole body.
- affects your daily life.
- You have small blisters on your lip or around your mouth